Monday, September 5, 2011

Carlsbad

We had a three day weekend like most people so we decided to do a little day trip down to Carlsbad and visit the caverns. I will say we made it, but it was no smooth sailing. About 20-30 miles into the trip Hailey threw up and aimed it at Masie, she saw and quickly jumped but being seat belted she could only go so far. She was screaming "pull over, pull over now" we were laughing so hard as this vomit was chasing her little booty across the car. We get her all cleaned up but she is down to just underwear and we have no spare, so we stop off before we get to the caves for an outfit. So on the road we go and got a whooping 7 miles when we past a police car and it spins around and flashes his lights. OMG it was so much fun, I quickly grab my camera and take a picture of the car and he saw me and must have thought I was aiming a gun or something as he approached really carefully and was relived to find me hold a camera. Anyway he was very nice and gave us a warning.

Hugely disappointed and sad when we arrived at the beginning of the 7 mile trip up to the caves, it was all burnt down!! It was so beautiful up there, this summer really hit us hard:(

The caves were amazing, me and Martine went there about five years ago and had the best time but Chris and the girls have never been.

They call this a Chinese hat, but who are we kidding, its a giant BOOB!



Absolutely beautiful in there.


On the way back we see a sign for the zoo and gardens, so we took a little trip. Thankful because of my pass at Alameda Zoo we got in for FREE. It was the worst Zoo ever, in fact I wouldnt call it a Zoo or a garden, it was over grown dessert with a few animals scattered in between, I have more animals than them.



2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I LOVE THE POLICE CAR SHOT!!! :-) Remember when we wanted to do that so bad! LOL I am laughing so hard!

    That looks really fun! I want to go there!

    PS: That is a gigantic boobie. I think you need to explain to them how to find a proper fitting bra from Victoria's Secret!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps they should put a bit pink ribbon on that "hat" for awareness! Talk about a BIG message!

    Glad you had fun, but oh boy Hailey, poor girl!

    Lots of burn spots this year. :(

    ReplyDelete