Monday, September 19, 2011

Beautiful Moment 9-18-11

I thought I was going to blog about my afternoon sat in my lovely living room reading my Kindle while eating Chex Mix and drinking a Margarita. It was absolutely delightful, but then in the evening it was almost time for the kids to come in when we heard the ice-cream truck, all the neighbour kids went wild and ran in their houses for a dollar. I watched as they all surrounded the truck and ordered their ice Lolly's, happiness was in the air (strangely enough, this is the first time this summer we have seen the ice-cream truck). Then I look back out of the window and our 2 little neighbour kids have the saddest face and no ice-cream. I go outside and immediately the little one said "I didn't get one, mommy doesn't have a dollar". My heart broke (mainly because the parent drink/smoke constantly but they cant afford $2 for their children) Before I knew it Chris was behind me with his last two strawberry ice-Lolly's and gave them to the girls. Their faces lit up, it was such a sweet moment. (look at their faces, yellow and orange shirts on the left).


1 comment:

  1. How sweet is Chris!! you can't beat an ice cream from the ice cream man. We don't get one over here.

    ReplyDelete