Thursday, February 3, 2011

Going a little Crazy

So the kids are off school for the rest of the week due to the weather and gas and electric problems. The whole town has been cut off from gas until tomorrow, they are keeping the hospital and base going but that's it. There is just not enough gas coming through to support the demand of everyone whacking up their heat. Hopefully the electric stays on so we can all try and stay warm until it comes back on tomorrow. This little town just cant cope with weather like this, thankfully it should start melting tomorrow, the sun is out but its still very cold right now. We have been advised to stay in again today as the roads are covered in black ice. So I decided to give the girls a little homeschooling which they were more than happy to do (see even they are bored). One of Taylor's pages was, write a story about the snow, she said to me "but I cant write yet Mummy" and I told her not to worry about spelling just write it how ever she thinks things are spelt and she took the challenge. I was very impressed with what she came up with. I'm going to write it exactly how she wrote it:

I pald in The snol I Fad snol Bolz at Mason and Momy her fel on her but and Hailey to I mad fut stps.

One of Masie's pages was the same thing apart from she had to use at least 50 words, she came up with this: (Again I'm writing it exactly how she wrote it).

The snow is falling.
You cant see the sun.
The snow is cold.
I am the only one that loves the snow. When we are done in the snow we drink hot choclit. We woch tv to. We woched toystore 3. It was a good movie. The End love masie.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Town of Alamogordo - Just what do you think you are doing by cutting off the gas to the people of your fine town? Are you trying to kill off the population? Is this some sort of ill fated genocide attempt? I don't understand. Please enlighten my tiny brain. Thanks, Kristi

    PS: The majority of the world survives every day life even when the roads are covered in black ice for 8 months out of the year. Please quit trying to confine your population to their homes thus making mom's crazy and kids crazier. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your homeschool idea! I always do that when we get really bored because since it is "school" they feel like they have to do a really good job and it takes up a LOT of time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I know right. Its totally crazy, luckily my end of the town have had gas most of the day but my friend the other side of town isnt that lucky. I dont mind driving in it, its the idiots I might run into on my way. I went out the first day of the storm and it was enough to scare me in until its a little more clear. People here dont know what to do in ice and snow.

    ReplyDelete