Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Exploding Lunch Bag

I found this really cool experiment and perfect for my preschoolers. It was so simple and they kids seriously had so much fun. We did it twice but they could have been out their for hours doing it over and over again but not only did I not have that much vinegar I didn't want my whole front lawn smelling of it.

All you need is:

  1. A Ziplock Sandwich Bag

  2. 1/2 a cup of vinegar

  3. 1/4 cup of warm water

  4. A tissue

  5. Baking Soda

Luckily for me there were the perfect amount of things to do so each child had a job. Take cute child number one and have them pour the water in. You go Lexie Lou. Get cute child number two and have them pour the vinegar. Looking good Hailey.

Get cute child number three and have them pour the baking soda into the tissue and fold it up.

Quickly add it too the bag (I added a bit more baking soda as the first time wasn't that dramatic). Watch the bag expand quickly and then explode!!!! So simple, yet so fun.

5 comments:

  1. OMG!! LMAO!! are we looking at the same science website!? I did this with my monsters over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, great minds think a like, must be the british in us:-) I love doing experiments with the kiddo's, this is my favourite age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one! I saw this too but forgot about it! I think I will do that with Kobe...just as soon as it is warm enough so that the science experiment won't instantly freeze. Well I guess I could do it in the bathtub. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic that looked like great fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might actually do this one! It looks great fun i think Jack (and the girls) but especially jack! will love it.

    ReplyDelete