Saturday, April 9, 2011

Book Review - Room

RoomRoom by Emma Donoghue My rating: 4 of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book! The Mum is such a good Ma, she made her sons life as happy and 'normal' as she could under the horrible conditions. When she thought he was old enough to understand she started to explain to him that this 'Room' he thinks is the world is actually only a very small part and they were being kept their against their will. 'Old Nick' is the nasty man that took her from the streets and held her there for seven years then they did the whole escape plan. This part of the book had me on edge and I stayed up til early hours reading and making sure the plan worked. It wasnt with out its hitches of course but everything worked out. The book is written from the boys point of view and at first I wasnt sure I liked it as it was written exactly how a five yr old would say it. But I think it was just different type of reading and I dont think the book would have been as good if it was different. Overall a great book!! View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment