Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break List, Complete

With only a day to spare we completed the list for spring break, Saturday we took a trip down to Ruidoso and had a great time. Almost a no go though, we went to the little lake with the boats and got out of the car and was nearly blown away by ice cold wind. In our shorts and T-shirts we tried to brave it, but it was just too cold. So we took a picture of the beautiful water and got our disappointed girls in the car. As it was only just up the road we thought we would see if the pony's were at the creek, we were excited to find they were, even more excited that the mountains either side were blocking the wind and it was lovely and warm. Taylor took this picture of Chris and I.
We got our (very expensive) tickets and got in line. They each choose their favourite horse, Hailey smiled the whole way round. This was her first time riding alone, such a big girl.
Taylor was loving it, the guy stayed close by just in case she needed help but Taylor can do most things with a broken arm, and now she can ride a horse with one.
Masie always loves the horses, I just wish there was a place around here that did lessons for her.
We went down to the creek, I had no intentions whatsoever about getting in that freezing water, the girls didn't hesitate.
Look a feet picture!! On my blog!! Taylor's little feet looked so cute I had to take a shot. So I was standing on the rock above the water when all of a sudden three crazy kids came towards me. Knowing my girls I tried to run, but I was too late and they were splashing me with the ice cold water.





I might look mad but I was just playing with them.
A fabulous end to our Spring Break week together.

3 comments:

  1. First of all I love your shorts. Second of all HOW did you let Chris out of the HOUSE in THAT outfit!!! Holy what a get up. :-) I really like the photo of the two of you!

    You had a very busy week - not one moment was wasted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thats his favourite shirt, he's a big kid at heart:-)

    I bought a bunch of clothes for ME, last week. I rreally like jean shorts:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you - buying some clothes for yourself!!! :-) I am proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete