Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 2

Today was a good day, we had a chilled out morning. The kids played and I cleaned, a much needed cleaning of the kids bedrooms. Before lunch we did a group reading session, everybody chose a book and read it to the group, everyone was patient and allowed each other to have their turn. I put a lovely huge pink flower in the picture so you couldn't see the dust! I live in New Mexico people so fighting dust is like keeping boiling water in a chocolate teapot, impossible. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it). We had some lunch and then went to Lowes to choose our flowers for planting, Taylor's- Pink, Masie- Orange, Hailey- Yellow. We had a great time out front and they did a brilliant job. Don't be fooled by the coats, we think windy is cold.
Isn't it beautiful!?I took the 2 older girls to Taekwondo, they are doing so well. You need 4 stripes on your belt to be ready to test, Masie has three now, Taylor had some catching up to do and today earned her 2nd stripe in front of the whole group. I was super proud of her, they are both doing so well. I did have to stop Taylor the other day when I caught her doing push ups, is there anything that girl wont do. She walks with casts on both legs and now shes doing push ups with a cast bending her arm!!!
Straight after that I came home for Hailey, she had soccer practice and was proud to tell everyone that she scored TWO goals. She did so great!!!

I wonder what day 3 will bring.........

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Yay Taylor! :-) I am so proud of Masie too for triple stripes! And Hailey - you silly girl I wish I could come down and see you play soccer!

    I can hear your energy and happiness in your blog post :-) Enjoy this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done to all 3 girls, the flower pot looks great. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I don't know why I didn't comment on the flowers last time. (ADD remember I am the poster adult for ADD) anyway, the flowers definitely struck me. You did a great job - they are beautiful. They represented the future for me. Because you know it snowed here yesterday and I hate you because you can plant flowers and I cannot...no I don't hate you. I love you. But I hate that you can plant flowers and I cannot. Unless I want a bunch of dead frost bitten flowers...in which case I could plant some flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you make me smile Kristi, I love you!!! Your time will come, i will be jealous of you soon when you have a beautiful garden. We can not do gardens because its so dry. Its about time that snow of yours left, talk about out staying its welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are laughing at me because I am so random...wait I am laughing at me because I am so random. And people wonder why I don't sleep. THESE are the things I think about at night :-)

    ReplyDelete