Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Soccer Update

So lets be real here, Hailey is Hailey, if she doesn't want to do something she WONT do it 'simple as that'. 1st practice-she walked off, 2nd practice- she walked off, no matter how much bribery, how much cheering, nothing worked, she had made up her mind.This week, she asked if I could just go with her. So that's what we did, we practiced before hand, we were all excited and she ran to the team. We had a treat in the car IF she stayed the whole 30 minutes, the first 5 minutes were brilliant and then she did "A Hailey".
I didn't give up on you Hailey, I made it very clear I was unhappy. I told you how proud I was of you and that you just had to go on the Field and follow the ball. After a little bit of positive reinforcement you did just that, you were so proud of yourself. Then I said "if you kick the ball ill give you a lollipop" and what do you know, you went after it and KICKED the ball!!!!!
There was no stopping her then, she went out there and did her thing, Well Done Hailey.
Buzz Buzz Buzz, GO HORNETS!!!! First game Saturday so lets see how you do!!!!

3 comments:

  1. i'm glad she decided to play. Its amazing what kids will do for a lolli pop. miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you deserve a treat for not giving into her! She tried to pull a fast one on you and you said no way Miss Hailey pants! :-) Good job Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you stayed with it Hailey you did a great job. Love you Grandma and will call you soon

    ReplyDelete