Wednesday, December 7, 2011

That was like umm.... the most stupid idea EVER

I'm talking to my Mum on the phone when she tells me that Dad watched Master Chef and decided to give, 'birds nest' with toffee ago. Although he didn't manage the nests he made some pretty good toffee. I was all excited and he told me how to make it, he said: Boil some sugar and when it is liquid get a spoon and quickly go up and down over the bottom of a ladle. Once cooled it will come off all in one. He says and I quote, "it cools almost immediately"

I'm excited and I start heating my sugar, get it to the right liquid consistency, I take the spoon a put a little dot on the board, after 10-15 seconds I grab it BAD CHOICE, it did not cool immediately and stuck to my finger like glue! I'm dancing around the kitchen like a loony and am left with a blister. Next step I do the little Master Chef act and do the best birds nest on the ladle (not what you see in the picture) I wait a lot long this time and the start taking it off, only IT DOESN'T COME OFF! Shit! I have cement oh I mean toffee everywhere!! I call my Dad and him and my Mum think its the funnest thing ever, and I'm like "how the hell do u get the toffee off the pan and spoons etc"? They laugh louder! After 15 minutes of scrubbing in hot soapy water my pan looks like this:

My poor damaged finger! I'm traumatised for life and will never eat toffee again!

After another 10 minutes scrubbing

I made pretty good toffee though, but its EVIL so I threw it all out so it couldn't cause any more havoc in my kitchen, or waistline.

Note to self: You are not a Master Chef!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL - Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard. I'm really sorry about your finger. But the rest of the story is classic! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still laughing, The toffee looks good, Well Kerry i went into the kitchen this morning only to find myself stuck to the floor with the remains of your dads toffee were he had been flicking his toffee,SILLY IDEA.but funny. xxx

    ReplyDelete