Thursday, December 8, 2011

That Damn Board

Masie didn't break the board in testing:( She will remain a Green Belt until the next cycle when she will test again.

I'm absolutely gutted for her, it was just me and her as Taylor was being a complete brat and Chris had to stay back, but thats a whole other post.

We took our board and practiced a few times before testing and she broke it almost every time, the instructors were even watching. I watched her go from confident to nervous and embarrassed, which caused the low powered kicks. She broke down straight after testing and I had to hold back the tears, watching her face was painful. She tried so hard this week, she was focused and determined. But, we cant dwell on the past and she has to move forward and not give up. I'm so proud of her, after she calmed down she said "I'm embarrassed to go back to class when my friends are blue belts, but I wont give up". Words from a true champion.

1 comment:

  1. Oh disappointment is so hard! She will be stronger and better having learned what it feels like to be disappointed. Plus she will have a soft heart if she passes a test and one of her friends doesn't next time around.

    ReplyDelete