Thursday, December 1, 2011

Susie Boozie

When we were growing up we always wanted a dog, we never could as we moved so much in the Army. When my Dad retired we were excited to find our perfect dog. We dog sat this gorgeous dog Cassie a few times and wanted her but obviously she had a lovely home. So the owners bred her, we went to pick out our male dog!! We did just that but my Mum picked up this little girl and said "ahh, Susie" we all instantly fell in love and adopted her too. Instead of being sad we have decided to remember Susie the way we have always loved and enjoyed her, here are just a few thing:




  • As soon as we brought her home she peed on the carpet in front of my Dad.


  • She would dig holes in the garden but by the time we went out Tyran would be in it, for the longest time we thought it was him.


  • Gross but true, Susie and I shared an Orange Ice-lolly.


  • She would lay on the back of the couch like a cat.


  • She would "talk" all the way to the field before being let off her lead.


  • She loved water, we would shout "Susie don't jump in the...." and we hear a Splash!


  • She was as fast as a bullet.


  • She loved a hug.
We have called Tyran and Susie "puppies" their whole life and they would still come to you when you called the word.


I love this picture, Brother and sister always together.


She was always so great with the kids.


I have naturally shed more than a few tears the last two days, when the news came to me today I was distraught. I miss her, I love her, she is my baby. I cant believe she is gone. The one thing that makes letting go a tiny bit easier is the fact that she had the best life a dog could live. She was spoilt rotten from the first to last day, she was loved more than some humans are. She lived a long happy life.


I will miss you Susie Boozie!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. thank you kerry for this special post, Susie was such a special puppy and we all loved her so much,i can't belive susie won't be outside my bedroom door in the mornings and waiting for me to come home from work at night, the house seems so empty now and poor Tyran is beside himself he is so sad. Bless him . Bye Bye Susie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your comment made me cry. I wish I could hug you right now. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the sad thing about owning an animal you love,they have shorter lives than we do

    ReplyDelete