Thursday, June 9, 2011

Grandad and Masie Update

Grandad arrived Tuesday evening as planned and boy were we pleased to see him, Hailey was a little shy for a few minutes but soon was all over him. We went out for something to eat and headed for the hotel. All that El-Paso driving was crazy but I did it, well proud of myself. We dumped our stuff and went to the pool, not long after we went to the jacuzzi as it was a little chilly in the pool. We are loving having Grandad here, its just brilliant. Thanks Mum for my early birthday present.

So Masie, she is getting older now so I had to let her know that you were all waiting on an update because you were worried, as she didn't want it blogged. But after I spoke to her and said I wouldn't blog it if she didn't want me too but everyone is so proud of her and wanted to see her pretty face.

This picture was taken when we first got in, but shortly after she started getting anxious and started crying and screaming to leave. In the end they gave her something to calm down which worked fast, They asked her why she was so scared and she replied "because if it fails again I will have to have big surgery". This made them sad and they hugged her, they told me it was the most mature answer they have ever gotten to that question.

She was in and out within an hour and we had to wait an hour to be released after. She woke uncomfortable but didn't cry or scream, her exact words were "get this thing out of my hand so I can leave". We left and came home soon after, she was sick in the car and it went down hill from there. She was in so much pain when she got home, she was sobbing and screaming, kicking and punching. It was awful to watch, in the end I called the doctor and he prescribed some Codeine which didn't really work until I gave her her second does 2 hours early. She woke in the night and I gave her more meds and she woke weak but much better. Now she seems to be as good as new, lets hope! She returns to the doctor in 3 weeks and we should hopefully find out whether she is completely fixed, pray, hope, fingers crossed that this child can have an end to this 7 year battle!! Her only wish was for her Nanny to come to the appointment, which has been granted!!!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy your dad is there and Masie is doing well! She is very loved! Funny how they get older and start to care that they are our blogging material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a brave girl! Made Faith & I ache to see her hurt so & we are so glad she is better now. She better be ALL better or we are going to have a little ...chat...with those doctors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masie you was so brave i am very proud of you, i love the hat, of course nanny will be with you for your results, i love and miss you so much. xxx See you in two weeks xx

    ReplyDelete