Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Broken Heart

We had an issue this morning that I didn't think I would have to deal with for at least 15 years or so, it was almost comical but was very serious to them. Here's how it went:

Masie- Mommy, Mason just asked me to marry him.

Me- What? Mason get over here (jokingly)

Mason- *big smiles*

Me- Is this true?

Mason- Yes

Taylor- screaming a sad scream "But he asked me last week to marry him"

Mason- looks like he is going to cry because he is 4 and didn't mean to make anyone upset.

Me- Mason, its OK baby, go and play.

Me- "Taylor he is just a baby sweetheart"

Taylor- "yeah but he promised to marry me"

Me- "Well next week, he will say he will marry you"

Taylor- "But he cant marry both of us!!!!"

So I took her in her room and cuddled her until she started talking to me, I told her that we were going swimming this afternoon so that would be fun. She said she would be too sad to swim because Mason broke her heart. So I call Mason in and tell him to give Taylor a huge hug which he gladly did and this made her cheer up. I told them all I didn't want to hear the words 'marry or marriage' for a very long time. They agreed and got on with there day.

**This was posted today but written a few days ago, oops I guess I forgot to hit publish**

1 comment: