Saturday, January 22, 2011

Girlie Nights 1-21-11 and 1-22-11

This weeks girlie night didn't go as planned and we were a little upset by it but some times when you are a working Mum things just happen that way unfortunately. Friday started out great, we went to Kmart and I bought the kids a new game. They chose the electrical guess who, it is so much fun and a million times better than the original, I would recommend it to anyone with kids over 6. Bonus, it doesn't have hundreds of cards to mess around with. I also bought Hailey a matching game, it comes in an egg carton and in each egg is an animal that you can break in half. you put all the pieces under the shells and try to match them up. Very fun for toddlers and big kids too. We started off with a bubble bath, and then began with the games, we had just one game of each and then the phone rang. Not to go into too much detail but my two full timers are clashing big time and one parent got upset and had it out with the other parent. To cut a very long story short, the problem child is leaving the daycare, I was on the phone for almost 2 hours back and forth to each parent. After that it was getting late so we just watch a movie, oh and ate Cadbury Creme eggs of course. They didn't want to do a story this week. I promised them we would do another girlie night Saturday to make up for it.
Saturday Night, we started off with dinner with friends, which was lovely and fun. Haven't seen anyone put a fish head on a stick and wave it around like a flag for a while so that was fun. It did turn a little sour when I got home and was really sick but I played it off as well as I could so I didn't ruin the night. I have to say I'm getting a little girlie with all these girlie nights, I did all three of their hairs the way they wanted them done (we have a little book). I was very impressed and I really enjoyed doing it, what! Does this mean I'm a girl!? Still cant master the french plait but one day ill get it I'm sure.
We played some more games and watched Despicable Me, it was almost bed time at the end of the movie I asked them if they wanted to do the story and they said no, so we just left that out. We sat up the table together and colored, I got a piece of paper and drew three circles and passed it to Taylor and said "add something" so she did and passed it on, it went on and on for a long time until we got this amazing master piece that I will treasure. It was so much fun and there is a little bit of all of us in there.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Email me! Tell me more about the parent fight! :-) I love me some good drama - as long as it is someone else's :-) LOL

    Nice work on the hair - you are becoming quite the beauty queen - hair, nails, girlie nights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristi i was just about to ring kerry about the drama - great minds think alike! Kerry your so good at doing bits with the kids i really should do more xx

    ReplyDelete