Friday, January 27, 2012

Enough is Enough

I have always treated my daycare kids like my own, today was the end of that. A daycare child DESTROYED Taylor's bedroom and I don't mean just a little bit. She keeps her room so nice and takes care of her things, she has new Harry Potter Deco and was all settled. A daycare child went for a "nap" and when I checked on him I found this: Taylor's room is never messy, this was all him.

Luckily, he found the washable markers! But they were still everywhere!

Even her sheet and Mattress!

If that wasn't enough he got her very first project she did in first Grade.

He pulled down and ruined 6 of her Harry Potter stickers, she walked into her room behind me and cried her heart out. I felt so guilty that I had let him in there (this is no new thing, he has always slept in there). I don't like putting them on Mats for naps but I will now. I like them to have the run of the house, not anymore (there will be locks on doors). To top it off when I told the Mom she LAUGHED!!!! I have never been so mad in the whole time I have done daycare, this is our home!

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! Sorry Taylor's nice things were ruined as well. Did you happen to tell "her" (The mom) it wasn't funny at all & perhaps she would like to clean & replace everything ruined?! I am glad there isn't too much school year left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is really disappointing. How old is this kiddo? I completely agree with you to put locks on the doors. Taylor is very particular like another little girl I know and I cannot imagine how upset she was when she saw this. I hope this kiddo helped clean up that is completely ridiculous. And the mom's reaction. Well then that explains part of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry it broke my heart to hear Taylor cry like that, i think you are doing the right thing by locking the bedroom doors, its a hard lesson to learn, not everybody has the same standards as you. Give Taylor a big hug from us. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily I calmed down by the time the Mom turned up becasue I was fuming and it would have gone down a different way. She always reacts like that so I guess I wasnt surprised. The child is 2 so thats why Im taking the blame, he has never done anything like that before, im so upset for Taylor, the girls have done so well sharing their home and toys with the daycare and now this happened:-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two is a tough age. One minute they are sweet and nice and then they discover they can do stuff like that! The girls have done well with sharing their home, toys, and MOM with the daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Taylor ggive her a big kiss from me xx

    ReplyDelete