Sunday, January 1, 2012

The End

It has come the time to end our 2011 blog "Three Peas in my Pod". What a year, filled with good, sad and exciting times. I hope you have enjoyed following our families journey through this year and will continue through 2012. I am not changing my blog this time I will just change the title (stay tuned for that). Here is my final post of 2011



New Years Eve


We had a real fun night, it was long though and the girls were getting sleepy, BUT they made it until midnight, just. (Hailey actually made it til 11.30) We played with some Christmas gifts and used up a little energy.
They tormented their DadThen we went on a ghost hunt, we turned out all the lights (all these pictures were taken in the dark) and got a little flash light. We searched the house and asked questions. The bunny freaked me out within a few seconds and they were all laughing at me. Taylor was wild with excitement, Masie wasn't too sure and Hailey after a while was scared so we stopped.



Then we watched movies, Hailey at about 11pm wanted a different movie in her room. We checked on her about 30 minutes later and found this:



Taylor was laying on my shoulder pretending to be asleep

How Masie made it is nothing short of a miracle, she was exhausted from about 9.30. A few times she even took her glasses off and laid down but wouldn't allow herself to let go. She was so funny and was cracking us up.

I think this was the first New Years Eve that we have stayed up all together. It was a lot of fun.

4 comments:

  1. This was our first year too!!! Jaylean went to bed at 9 on her own though. But the boys finished out the night with a call to grammy deb a little after midnight to wish her a happy birthday! We woke her up- I was so pleased!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. that crazy gene of mine took over again yep I threw another kiddy new yr eve party they both had some friends over, the music was loud the games were crazy the food was yummy they partied their lil' socks off, 2 friends had to leave at 10pm so we did the whole 'happy new yr' thing then party poppers confetti balloons you name it was there lol lots of pictures, 2 other friends had to leave at 11pm so then it was just my 2 & Jaz's best friend (who slept over) they managed to stay awake till 11:45pm they just couldnt hang on another 15 minutes lol :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, that was so mean to wake up your Mom! I bet the boys had a blast, Taylor was so upset when the ball dropped and I said "Ok who is ready for Breakfast" she said "dont we get to sleep now" lol.

    Sharri, you have always been a cool Mum, Maybe Crazy cool! One day I might give my kids a new years eve party but.... oh god the thought sends chills down my spine,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well NYE used to be the one night of the yr I'd get to go out but this last 4yrs Jims always been away at work on nye, the first yr he was away me n the kids just tret it like any other night, the 2nd time me n kids played games n stuff till they crashed then at midnight I went out on the snowmobil, then last yr was the first time I did a party for them a couple of their cousins & a friend each & it was so much fun that as soon as they found out Jim was working this nye they begged for another party, and too be honest with ya I think I have more fun doing the party for them than i ever did going out n getting rat arsed lol.

    ReplyDelete