Thursday, August 18, 2011

Testing

Masie tested for the second level green belt on Saturday, she is brilliant at what she does and as they were practicing she really impressed us. Once the testing started, she changed into this "I cant be bothered" mode. Her form was right but rushed and her sparring was almost embarrassing, harsh words I know but seriously her arms were like spaghetti her attention was else where and she kept being reminded to keep her proper form. We spoke with her after and she was upset when I told her that I would like the judges to fail her so she could do it properly on Wednesday and show them what she could really do. I then showed her the video and she was embarrassed by her performance, but they passed her anyway. Hopefully next time she will be better focused. Don't get me wrong, she deserves the belt, she is fabulous at it, but that's not what she showed the judges.

No comments:

Post a Comment