Sunday, August 5, 2012

10 Wonderful Years Later

August 3rd 2002 I married my soul mate, I have to admit at the time I didn't realize he was my soul mate but shortly after the wedding it became very clear.  Due to military and his leaving date we married sooner than we would have liked. BUT, everything worked out more perfectly than we could have ever planned.  This weekend we have just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary, the most wonderful 10 years of my life.  I was surprised with a lovely weekend away at The Lodge in Cloud croft.
We had the most beautiful suit, The Governors Suit. They had complementary champagne and wine glasses as a gift.
 Chris booked a package and we got a full body massage included which was F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.

 The grounds were beautiful and well taken care of.
 Check me out reading the paper, secretly I wasn't reading the paper but I thought it looked cool,lol.
We set up the camera and had a blast taken pictures, I love my husband very much.



Chris got me a gorgeous Elephant for my collection and some pretty flowers.

I ordered this frame showing us then and now, I had it engraved and it turned out great.
Now for a few highlights, more for memories for us so if you're lost do worry about it:)
We were joking that Chris was going to get massaged by a guy, only to find out that it was the case.  It was the funnest thing ever when he walked in, I barely could contain the giggles.  Better yet his name was Albert, Chris says to me (after the massage) "My mouth was open Albert" and we were lost in fits of giggles.
 This was a heated pool and the Jacuzzi was awesome, we were in it quite a few times. We had the whole place to our self every time  expect once in the evening, but we met a nice couple and chatted.
 Now for a dinner I will never forget, the best dinner of my life for many different reasons. To start it was a SIX course meal which was a first for both of us. We Enjoyed a conversation about how far we have come, and all the different things we have experienced.
1st Course- Chicken cheese cake, Delicious. It was fun to think about how they whipped the chicken.
2nd Course- Chicken Soup, very tasty
Awe, holding hands
 3rd Course- Our salads came
 4th Course- Mango Sorbet. This was so good, well apart from the part where I tried the mint and it left us in fits of laughter, that stuff is nasty. They shouldn't put it on your plate if your weren't meant to eat it.
We started laughing about all different things, I'm sure we looked funny as tears rolled down our faces.  We pulled it together just in time for our main course.
5th course- Chateaubriand, the most tasty meal I have ever tasted, and if that wasn't enough along comes our dessert, little did we know moments later we would be causing a scene with uncontrollable laughter.

 6th Course- The waitress hands me my dessert and says "your lemooon" (pronounced all posh)
 Then hands Chris his cake and says "Your chocolate cake" pronounced normal. Then he says I wonder if its a dare they have about pronouncing food like that, "your chocolate (pronounced in a horrible french accent)" I said to him "did she say it that way?" and he looks at me and says "No" in a very serious, didn't you just here her say it normal" OMG it starts, belly hurting giggles from both of us, tears and everything. Then I try and explain what happened to him and couldn't get my words out without dying. We couldn't stop, then out of no where Chris manages to squeeze out "Stupid Bitch" (private joke) and we lose it further, wishing the floor would give way because we are no longer in control of our bodies.  Only then for the Waiter to come with our receipt to sign, neither of us could look him in the eye. I manage to get out a "it was so lovely thank you" then he hands Chris the envelope only for him to drop it and we are dying!! We signed the check and left a big tip and walked back to our room.

We took a lovely evening walk, just enjoying each others company. I'm so glad this guy is mine!! Happy 10 Year Anniversary Boy. Cant wait to see what the next 10 years holds for us.

2 comments:

  1. im so glad that you had a fantastic weekend, even more so that you have found your soul mate in Christopher. we love u both very much, i have tears in my eyes from giggling while reading your blog in between patients. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am giggling because I can't believe you took a camera in the massage room! OMG! LOL Who does that? You crack me up! It looks like you had a fabulous time! That Lemoooon cake looked delicious but so did the plain Chocolate cake! :o)

    ReplyDelete