Sunday, April 28, 2013

Carlsbad Caverns, School Trip

I was very lucky to be chosen to take Leonie on the Carlsbad trip, I was going to take a personal day and go with Masie anyway, but I had to use all my days on sick children. So I got to go anyway but as a Chaperon.
 It was super fun, we had the best time.  At first we were worried as Leonie saw the entrance to the cave and looked at me like I had lost my mind. She doesn't have the language (in English) to tell me she thinks I.have.completely.lost my.mind.  When she knew I was serious about taking her into a dark and scary cave, she continued to be more nervous and jumped at every sound and sight.  Being the last group to go down, I thought for sure we would have be in there until ten at night.
 After about 20 minutes she relaxed and allowed herself to enjoy it. She is so funny, at first I would say "Wow, Leonie, looked at that" and she would reply "That is not Wow, Mrs Kerry". I just love this girl. Once she started "Wowing" herself I knew we were on a roll.



 She was amazed, smiling, talking, talking and laughing....... Did I mention talking?
 These were the other girls that went with us.
 Sonya got in the car and drove the 3-4 hour trip to walk through the caves with us, such a special friend.
 My sweet Masie was delighted that I got to go with her, she also loves Leonie so it was extra fun.








 
Long day, achy legs and exhausted but sooooooo worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment