Friday, May 11, 2012

Goodbye Nanny

Dear Nanny,
A few days ago I got a call that you never want to receive, my Mum said you fell down and had a heart attack and died shortly after in hospital.  It didn't sink in at first as this was very sudden. Once I said it out loud it hit me like a ton of bricks and the tears felt like they would never stop.  Ive lost my Nanny, and my Mum has lost her Mum.
 A little piece of me is over there with you and I just know now that you are happy, you are with Grandad and Auntie Sharon and no longer have to have Oxygen or struggle to walk.  You left this world with pride and dignity, but we just miss you so much.  These pictures were taken the last time we saw you and I just love them, you are happy with your great grand kids and you had just finished a lovely cup of tea.
 I have so many wonderful childhood memories going to visit you and Grandad, they will live forever.
 I'm having a hard time being so far away, I almost had tickets booked and then stopped while I spoke to a few people. I have decided to stay here as I wouldn't be able to bring the kids and they would be heart broken.  I know you will understand, in fact you would tell me not to spend that much money on a ticket:) I just want you to know that I may not be there grieving with everyone else but I will be grieving here with my family. The day of your funeral we will be releasing balloons in your honor to symbolize your freedom and you life.
I love you so much Nanny, the thought of never hugging you again is so painful, my heart hurts and I wish I could hold your hand one more time. You are in your happy place, and I am happy for you.  The pain will fade and we will be left with all the happy memories.

Good Night Nanny, sleep well and don't cause too much trouble up there!!!!

Love Kerry, Chris, Masie, Taylor and Hailey xxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry. If you want to go I really think you should go. Missing the funeral might be something you will really regret. :( Call me if you need a shoulder. Your family is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you and your girls all have your Nanny's smile :o) You can always remember her smile just look at Taylor's smile, it's identical :o)

    ReplyDelete