Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Don't go to Recess

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Taylor, she was a happy little girl just enjoying life as a six year old. One day she goes to school as normal and about 20 minutes before school is out her Mummy gets a worried nurse on the phone stating Taylor's complaining of blurring eyes, she said her eyes were not straight......
When I get to the school I am freaked out at what I see, her eyes are all over the place. She cant focus on me, WTF. I take her home and call the doctor, they tell me there are no appointments and I was to call back at 7am. I did just that and get a worried Tech saying I should have taken her straight to the ER, I did inform her that her colleague told me to call back at 7am and she knew what was going on. Anyway, Chris comes home and takes her to the ER and they are puzzled, they do a CAT scan which shows some sinus pressure behind both her eyes. She is sent to El-Paso to see a pediatric eye doctor. After hours of waiting and testing, Taylor is prescribed glasses. She is near sighted in one eye and has small cataracts in both eyes. I'm still extremely confused how she went to recess with fine vision and straight eyes and came back from recess with blurry eyes that are all over the place!! I just don't get it. (apparently she didn't fall, bump heads, nothing!!??)
I'm sad for my little girl, although I know she is going to look stunning in glasses I know she is nervous and does not want them at all:-(

I love you Squidgy!!

3 comments:

  1. What the heck? Seriously? I would consider calling around and asking for other opinions. Call doctors all over the place not just in your town....

    Ok sorry I couldn't stand it and I googled it. Sorry. I know I am not the mom. You can smack me if you want. Cataracts can cause what you described according to Boston Children's Hospital: http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Site666/mainpageS666P0.html

    Interesting - but I would still maybe call for another opinion.

    Sorry Taylor - Sue - Marie - I know that you will look beautiful with your glasses. I know this. I also know it's hard sometimes to have something different that calls attention to yourself and I am like that too. Just make sure you wear your glasses as much as the doctor tells you to and pretty soon you will feel weird without them and the other kids will just know you as you with glasses. Please send me a picture right away when you get them. I love you my little Taylor Sue Marie, the glasses will be ok! *SMOOCH* - Auntie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it is totally freaking me out, thanks for the link. The Doctor is one of the best, its Masie's eye doctor/surgeon. He said they are too tiny to worry about right now but I do worry. I am going to call him tomorrow and hopefully he can put my mind at rest, Chris went with her so I wasnt able to ask any questions.

    I need to educate myself on the issue because right now, im scared and upset.

    You are such a good Auntie, I will absolutely send you a picture!!! Love you loads xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely you have every right to be scared and upset. You have to arm yourself with information so that you can feel more at ease. It is going to be ok. As long as you do research and stay on reputable websites you should get pretty reliable information places like Mayo Clinic, Children's Hospital of Houston (I think) has one of the best reputations in the US for kids stuff. If you need to make an appointment with the doctor to just sit and ask questions and get it all sorted. Love you guys, it will be ok, promise :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete