Friday, March 28, 2014

Almost two Weeks Later

 
We have been here for almost two weeks now and we are settling in really nicely. It was a big shock when we arrived and everything we have known as normal for the past 8 years was left behind.  We dove into the deep end and didn't allow ourselves to get caught up in any of the sadness right away. The very next day after arriving the kids were in school!! One of the best things ever, being a military child myself I know its easier to go right away.
 We quickly found the girls were going to struggle a little, the standard of teaching and requirements are amazing. Im so in love with the way they are being taught right now. My girls are going to go far!!! Masie being the eldest is having the most trouble settling in, she misses her friends and has been a little sad. Her class is over run with boys, she does have a few people to hang out with now but I have signed them all up for girl scouts. They are so excited and they will be busy having fun making friends.
 I have signed up to volunteer and have been in about three times now, I just love it!! I have also done an application for subbing in the schools, my finger prints are done and I found out today that I am all good to go, I'm just waiting for the conformation in the mail and then I can start. I'm nervous, really nervous. I wanted to get out there quickly, this will help me feel more at home.
Last weekend we went to a mall in Spokane, it was so big!
It had an amazing river with viewing cars that took you fir a close up, it was so fabulous. The views were stunning.


Our first family picture in Washington.


The next day we went to a little town near by called Medical Lake to check out the fishing sites.

Absolutely beautiful doesn't really cover it.

I really do think we are going to be so happy here.

Masie doing her homework, she was very upset after a few days of school. She wasn't used to the amount of work. Also in NM they dont care if your spelling is wrong, they don't correct it or try and fix it. Now she has 30 spelling words a week and gets points deducted for miss spelt words in assignments. Its tough but I think its awesome!! After the melt down and a little harsh parenting she started raising her standards and is excited to learn and loves the challenge. I'm so proud of her.

I have made some dairy and egg free chocolate chip muffins, OMG fantastic!!

Oh one more thing, Masie has a boy in her class that is deaf, he has a translator with him. From the very first day Masie has been learning sign from a Kindle app to speak to him. How adorable is my girl?!

No comments:

Post a Comment