Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pet update

We have learnt a very harsh lesson over the last few months.  Being military means excessive pets might be a problem. Base housing does not allow any animal apart from a dog or cat. You may have 2 pets.  All our snakes had to be re homed. I'm very sad by this, BUT we found wonderful homes for them. The birds are currently living with a friend and we will get them back when we move states. The bunny is under Masies bed, Shush.  Welly and Boots are here too, double Shush.
 
Sweet little Pablo.......... Being in this tiny house with all the dust and dog hair, my skin is suffering.  I was advised to re home him by the doctor. Instead of doing that I took him to the groomer and had him shaved. I'm so clever, but seriously could you really re home this dog?
 
 Welly is struggling here, he is not used to being hidden and he usually wonders the yard for 8 hours a day. He is used to daily sun and daily grass and weed eating.  He gets out a little in the yard but its mainly dirt and the grass has no goodness to it.  He also found a weird weed and was sick all over the floor.  I was very worried about him, Chris is going to make his home a little more tortoise proof with a UV and heat lamps.  Also we are starting to take him for walks to the park, strapped in a stroller with a blanket over him of course.
 And he can eat away on lovely green grass. I love my baby, I hope he is happier soon.



2 comments:

  1. Ah bless, I bet you get strange looks with the tortoise in a buggy lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hysterical. Poor Welly :o(

    ReplyDelete