Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Raising Lovely Young Ladies

Manners and politeness is very high if not the highest on my priority list when it comes to raising my girls.  I am very proud to say they are all very polite and pleasant young ladies.  I'm a happy, positive person until it comes to people not being nice to my girls.  Masie came to me after school the other day really upset with her Music/Art teacher. Ive seen the way she is with the children and she is harsh spoken and tells them off for every little thing, to cut it short she is MEAN.  Masie made an appointment to see the principle and bravely went and spoke to her in private. The principle is so great and was really kind.  She told her that she needed to write Mrs Smith a letter and her let her know how she feels.  I would have gone off at her, being the Mother Bear I am but I'm proud to say Masie handled it a different way.  If the teacher continues to act this way she will be spoken to by the principle herself:

Dear Mrs. Smith,
I don't feel safe in your class.
You don't talk nice to us.
Its not just me, I talked to some more students and they said the same.
I want you to change, because I know you are sweet inside.
Thank You (no name given)

This woman has made Masie worried to go to Art class and scared to use her imagination, she was told to put her instrument away in music for playing one note too many. I'm proud that she is taking action and will step in if it continues.

2 comments:

  1. Not cool that the teacher is treating students this way. My guess is she will take the letter as a joke. Sadly. I hope not but teachers like that don't care. :o( It's good that Masie is handling this on her own at first it is so important for them to learn how to fight their battles but to always know they have you to lean on when things get to big for a kid. You rock Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No its not cool, im so upset with this teacher. i promised masie i wouldnt step in yet but its hard for me. she is doing a good job at attempting to fix it.
    Wish u were teaching at this school xxxxx

    ReplyDelete