Saturday, March 2, 2019

British or Speech impediment

Chris's commander's wife has been making an effort to meet up with me since Chris has been deployed. Although this is out of my comfort zone I agreed to meet her in Starbucks today. We chatted on and off about work and kids etc. She brings up Christmas and says how nice it was to see that my mom could visit. She asked where she visited from and I replied, England. She looked confused and asked if I was British. I looked at her like she had 2 heads and replied, yes. She said, "oh, I was just trying to figure out if you had an accent or a speech impediment." I looked at her like she had four heads as she continued. I just thought that's why you are intrested in special Ed. Either is fine with me she replied.
What the actual fuck just happened?!


No comments:

Post a Comment